Some of our readers commented on our facebook page and also here in ManzanaVirtual.com that when trying to download applications from the Google Play Store are unable because they leave various error messages. Sometimes the message is that failed to verify google account, sometimes allowed to download only some applications and frequently get the following message “Error retrieving information from server. [RPC: S-5: AEC-0] “.
We have been informed that the problem occurs most frequently in the tablet with Allwinner A13 processor, but also occurs in some tablets with Actions ATM7013 processor (o gs701b). And after a web search found that the problem is not only of these two tablets but comes in devices of various brands.
The solution is to stop the operation of Google Services Framework and delete your data stored on the tablet. With that to restart the tablet the Google Services Framework starts without data and Google services (Google Talk, Google Play Store, Google Maps, etc.) run without problems.
Then, considering that the problem of downloads in the Google Play Store is occurring in many tablets and some smartphones, and as the solution is relevant, we have prepared this tutorial which graphically depicts our readers the steps to remove the data the Google Services Framework and fix the download error in Google Play Store. For this purpose, the images that accompany the tutorial are for a android tablet, but the procedure is basically similar to smartphone users:
SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM OF ERRORS TO DOWNLOAD APPS FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE
1) We must enter the menu “System Settings”. There are two ways: the first is through the Settings icon that is sometimes present in the home screen of the tablet or smartphone, the second is through the three dots icon on the status bar. Anyway what matters is that you access the menu.
2) Who struck on the icon of the three points will see a box in which options should choose “Manage Applications” and then have to go to instruction 4.
3) Those who struck on the icon “Settings” they will see the main menu System Settings and it should first choose the “Applications” and then the “All” so they can see all the applications that are installed on the tablet.
4) From here the steps are the same for everyone. You have to locate the application “Google Services Framework” and press it.
5) The next screen shows us several buttons, you must press the one containing the “Force stop”.
6) For security, the system will ask if you really want to force stop the application informing us that if we could the application does not run correctly, and how we want to stop it choose “OK”.
7) Now the application is stopped. At this point press the “Clear Data”.
8) Again by security asks us if we want to, and blah, blah, blah, again choose “OK” to delete those blessed data that are doing that we can not download anything from Google Play Store.
9) Done. Now turn off the tablet or smartphone, then reboot, entered the Google Play Store and see what we can download applications.